Top Ten Tuesday: Books I would have on my Classroom Shelves if I were a Teacher

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish.

theme: books I would have on my classroom shelves if I were a teacher

Hello everybody! This week I'm talking about books I would have on my classroom shelves if I were a teacher. I would defiantly want to have fun books, and imagine that I teach high school students. Make sure to leave your TTT posts in the comments!

Highly Illogical BehaviorFangirlBetween the NotesPaperweightThe Accident Season

1.) Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley- This is a fun book, and I love how it shows that no matter how different people may seem, we all can have something in common. And even become friends.

2.) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- This is one of my all time favorite books! I love how Cath is able to become someone more adventures and (some might consider) fun, while still being herself. Also, she's a book lover.

3.) Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat- I like how this book shows that people from different areas aren't so different. That you shouldn't judge someone by where they live, and instead by their actions.

4.) Paperweight by Meg Haston- I think that this is a good book for a teacher to have on their shelves because then if a student is experiencing some of the issues that Stevie deals with, then maybe they won't feel so alone.

5.) The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle - This book really plays with your brain. At the end of the book, I just sat there wondering what the fuck had just happened. This could be a cool mind twisting book for anyone who wants a book like that.

My Heart and Other Black HolesAnna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)

6.) My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga- I think that this is my favorite book that talks about depression. I thought that it was a realistic example of depression, and I hope that it helps others like it helped me.

7.) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- This is such a fun romance! I love this entire series, so why wouldn't I recommend it to my students?

8.) Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins- This is another fun series! It's about a boarding school for witches, shape-shifters, Fae, and vampires. This is a really fast and easy read, so it would be perfect for those just getting into reading/YA.

9.) UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn- This is a more mild YA series. It follows Mina as she has to battle fairy tales. She is a great ancestor of the Grimm brothers, and now she has to break the curse that is haunting her family.

10.) To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han- This is another cutesy romance that's a fun read. I also feel like a lot of high school girls would be able to relate to Laura Jean. So, I would defiantly
 have this on my shelf.   

Comments

Followers