DNF Review: Catch Me When I Fall by Vicki Leigh

Catch Me When I Fall (Dreamcatcher #1)In 1814, at the age of seventeen, Daniel Graham sacrificed himself to save another. Recruited at his death to be a Protector of the Night, he has spent 200 years as a Dreamcatcher, guarding humans from Nightmares—clawed, red-eyed creatures that feed off people’s fears while they sleep. He’s become one of the best, but he wants nothing more than to stop.

Then he’s given an assignment to watch over sixteen-year-old Kayla Bartlett, a clinically depressed patient in a psychiatric ward. Nightmares love a human with a tortured past. Yet, when they take a deep interest in her, appearing in unprecedented numbers, the job becomes more dangerous than any Daniel’s ever experienced—because someone with the power to control the monsters seems to want her dead.

Driven by his growing feelings for her, he whisks her away to Rome where others like him can keep her safe. Under their roof, the Protectors discover what Kayla is and why someone who can manipulate Nightmares has her in his sights. But before they can make a move, the Protectors are betrayed and Kayla is kidnapped. Daniel will stop at nothing to save her. Even if it means giving up his immortality.

He thought she was just another girl to protect. He was wrong.



*Did not finish at 70%. My review is of what I read.*

I can't, I'm sorry, I just can't. I downloaded this book for free on Friday (Black Friday to be exact) because it sounded really interesting. I had never heard of nightmares being actual creatures that you can fight. So I picked it up and started reading it. I can't tell you haw many times I groaned while I read the 70% of this book.

There was quite a bit of action in the book, but it was all kind of the same to me. They were not all exactly the same, but they kinda were at the same time. It seemed like they were fighting in the same situations, doing the same things over, and over again. It got boring after a while, and I started to care even less that I already did for the characters.   

I was extremely annoyed by the characters. Daniel was your normal, run of the mill protector; confident, powerful, and suffering from an extreme case of insta-love. He had seen her a whopping two times, and he was already head over heals for her! She had not even seen him. I mean, I get that you are two-hundred years old and kinda depressed, but you don't need to fall in love with the first girl your age that you protect! Then there is Kayla. She kept telling Daniel that she was not fragile, but I would not have believed her if I were Daniel either! All she did was sit around while Daniel and the other protectors were out risking their lives. I just could not stand to read anymore after a certain point, and those are some of the reasons I put the book down.

0/5 Points
I did not finish this book. 

I know that this was a short review, but it is kinda hard to write a full review for a book that you did not finish. Thanks for reading, and I will see you guys in the next review.    

Comments

Followers