Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Book Review)

Unwind (Unwind, #1)Connor, Risa, and Lev are running for their lives.

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state, is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.






*I did not finish this book, all of my thoughts/feelings/opinions are based on what part of the book I read.*

Let's just say this book was not my cup of tea. I don't usually like to review books that I DNF. I like to review books that I loved or liked, so that I can recommend books that I like to you guys. As I am thinking back over the 185 pages of this book that I read, I am thinking of the things that I did not like. What made me put down this book? One thing really comes to mind, it was boring. To me at least it was. There are plenty of reviews on Goodreads where people loved this book, just not me.

I feel like the cause of all the problems was that I could not connect with any of the characters. I did not really care what happened to them. I mean, from what I read, they were always doing something, but I never cared. That's a major problem with books! If you don't really care about the characters, it is hard to like the rest of the book. 

I also found that the multiple pov bugged me in this book. The main three characters that we follow are Lev, Connor, and Risa, and I didn't like them. I felt that Lev just kept going on and on about something he knew was not true. Risa was okay, she was the one I liked most of the three. Connor made me so mad sometimes. He just kept making stupid decisions! Why would you ever do some of the things that he did? Just no, no no! Why? Then we got random chapters from side characters. Most of the time though, they don't make sense at first. Who is Teacher? How does this play into the story? They tie back eventually, but it can be extremely confusing while you are reading those chapters. I thought I suppose to save being confused for math, not the books I read for fun.

I think that when it comes down to it, I tried to read this book for nine days. That is a long time. I have decided that there are so many books that I want to read, that I am not going to stress about the books I don't like. If I am not enjoying a book, I am not going to make myself finish the book when I could be reading a book that I like better. There are so many books that I want to read that I feel that it is not worth stressing over the books I am not enjoying.

0/0 points
I did not finish this book

Overall, this is a book that I can see a lot of people loving, but it was just not for me. 

*Links* 

 

  

Comments

Followers