The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith (Book Review)

The Geography of You and Me 
 Lucy lives on the twenty-fourth floor. Owen lives in the basement. It's fitting, then, that they meet in the middle -- stuck between two floors of a New York City apartment building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, Lucy and Owen spend the night wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is back, so is reality. Lucy soon moves abroad with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.

The brief time they spend together leaves a mark. And as their lives take them to Edinburgh and to San Francisco, to Prague and to Portland, Lucy and Owen stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and phone calls. But can they -- despite the odds -- find a way to reunite?


-Review-
 I heard such great things about Jennifer E. Smith, and to me this book really did not live up to the standards. I feel like it was to far stretched. I mean, when would this situation ever happen? It's just unrealistic, like love triangles! Have you ever had anyone come up to you and ask for help because two people are in love with them? I haven't. Also there were just some cheesy things that bugged me, like that section of the book that was like, Owen breathed in, Lucy breathed out. I mean I get why your doing that, but it got annoying after a while.  

I like how they met though, in a stuck elevator. How often does that happen? Also on the night that New York had a blackout. What a coincidence! I liked everything else about the story, it was just those two things that bugged me. I liked the characters, the settings, and the ending. Just those few little things...

3/5 points
 I liked it

Over all, I enjoyed this book and will look into her other books soon.

Comments

Followers