My East Coast Trip

Yes, I'm not talking about books, for once. I am here to tell you the highlights of my trip. So if you don't know, about a week ago I went to the East Coast, Boston and New York to be specific. I wont be telling you every little detail, just my favorite parts.

The plane ride, yes I know, I'm weird. I feel like plane rides are the perfect places to get a lot of reading done. You get free drinks, padded chair, and maybe if your lucky, a window seat. Also if you are on a really long flight, you can read A LOT! You may not be able to publish a post, but you could start one. Yes this was my first time on a plane, yes I loved it, and yes, it was fantastic. I finished a 400 page book, in one flight. Can I say winning?

  I have officially  decided that I want to live in the city. East Coast mostly. The vibe over there and the transit, I just fell in  love. They also have really cool bookstores. I when to two bookstores, (three really, but I only got books a two of them). The first one I went to was Harvard Book Store. I really liked this bookstore. It was in Harvard Square, with in walking distance of this really cool burger place. It was also a five minuet walk from the Harvard Library. The second one I went to was Brooklyn Bookstore. It was kinda hard to find the YA section, but once I found it they had a bunch of cool books.
Now, my dad and my hotel was right by the Green T. If you live in Boston, you know what I mean. If you don't, let me tell you. The T is like a mix of the Subway and the Light rail. Except, with awful screeching noises. My brother and I joked about making a horror album called, "SOUNDS OF THE GREEN T. A HORROR ALBUM." Now, if you take the green line all the way to the end, walk a little bit, and you find this great pizza place. It is a hole in the wall, but it is the best pizza I have ever had. Around that area, you can also find some great cannoli.

The Duck Tour. Yes, I was on a Duck Boat. Wait! Wait! It gets better! I was on a boat, that was pink with purple poka- dots. Laugh all you want! I had fun though. Getting to see more of the city and the river. Also the guy who was driving was really funny.  We also went to this great sea food place. We had to go go a bit on the T to get to it, but it was worth it. It was this shack really, right on the water. Best seafood I've had. My dad got the Lobster roll, he said it was really good. My brother got fish and chips, which he said was good, and I got salmon, which was really good. 

After a, get this, 30 minuet plane ride, I landed in New York. So we got a hotel that was right by the Subway, which was really nice. We made a horrible mistake though. If you don't know, I live in California. That is a considerable time difference. So that is the day I decided to be jet lagged. We arrived in New York around 10:30 am. Everyone, my brother, my dad, and me, are extremely tired. We can't get into our hotel room until 2:30 pm. I am so tired that I don't want to do anything. Now I have to wait all those hours to get in a hotel room. Really? We ended up finding an Applebees a short walk from the hotel. Where we had a very long lunch. When we were finally able to go to the hotel, we slept the rest of the day. Very exciting day I had.

The next day we went to Manhattan. Time Square, was crazy. There were a lot of these knock off people in costumes. We finally got to one of the places I really wanted to go to. Madam Tussauds. It was so cool getting to see all of these life like figures. I sometimes I felt like they were going to jump out at me. They also had the Marvel 4D experience movie, which was really cool! Recommend if you can go. We then wondered around for a little bit, until we found an awesome bookstore called Strand. The store was so big that I had to ask someone where the YA section was! They had a upstairs and a downstairs. I eventually found the YA section and was amazed. I got three books. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi, $9. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher, $5. Finally, Spelled by Betsy Schow, $5. Is that great or what? If you are in the area, check it out. 

After we had dinner, we went to Wicked. I have been wanting to see Wicked for do long, and what better place than New York? There was so much hype surrounding this musical, and it exceeded my expectations. The stage was so cool, I would have taken a picture, but the man on the speaker said no pictures. Wicked= 10/10. See it if you already have not. 

The next day, we went to Brooklyn. We went to two great bookstores there. The first one was a bookstore called WORD. There section was small, but they had a great range of genres. The other one was Greenlight. They had like this  mini hall for YA. I thought it was cool.  After that we when to the first Pizza place that we saw. Let me tell you, New York and Boston pizza is way better than the pizza in California.

In new york we visited some more touristy places, but the one I really want to talk about is Central Park. Central Park was one of the only places that I just got to sit and read. You know the new picture at the top of my blog? That is me reading a central park. They had a running path, a park for kids, and a lot of dogs. 


 

Well, those were the highlights of my trip! I hope you guys enjoyed, and I will see you in the next post!   



Comments

Followers