DNF Review: Chime by Franny Billingsly

ChimeBriony has a secret. It is a secret that killed her stepmother, ruined her sister's mind, and will end her life, if anyone were to know. She has powers. Then Eldric comes along with his golden lion eyes and a great mane of tawny hair. He is as natural as the sun, and he treats her as if she is extraordinary. And everything starts to change . . . Chime is a haunting, brilliantly written novel that will stay with you--its magic, its romance, its world like none other.












*I only read to page 76. All opinions in this review are based off of what I read.*

Those 76 pages were pretty boring. I mean, I was expecting so much more! It is a National Book Award, and it had really good reviews on Goodreads. So what happened? I'm not going to talk about what this book is about, but I will talk about why I stopped reading this book.

One of the reasons that I stopped this book was because nothing was happening! The biggest thing that happened was that a undeveloped character that was just introduced into the story died. Really? I want action packed, fun, and easy to read books. This book didn't have any of those.

I also just could not get into the writing style. I found it hard to transition from first to third person. It made the whole experience weird and hard for me. Also, it was hard for me to digest the words when they were talking like they used to in the past. I believe that I am in a beginning of a reading slump, and this did not help.

Overall, this book was very slow and had an awkward writing style. I might try this book again, but it will be when I'm not in a reading slump.

0/5 Points
                         I did not finish this book.                    

Comments

Followers