The Weekly Recap: Updating the Blog (Week of 12/3/17)

I'm linking up with Kimberly who blogs at The Caffeinated Book Reviewer for The Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a weekly meme where all us bloggers talk about out week in reading, what books we got, and what's coming up in the week ahead. I'm also linking up with Book Photo Sundays hosted by Rabbit Ears Book Blog, a weekly meme where we share our favorite photos of the week. 

MY LIFE
Why hello everybody! I'm currently snuggled under a blanket with my dog, writing this post, and watching a Christmas movie. I find that these movies are always really cheesy, but Christmas is pretty cheesy so I guess that it makes sense. While I only posted once this week, I did get a lot done on the blog. First, I updated my About Me page (which was long overdue). It's simpler, has updated links, and a updated photo. I also announced a new series I'm going to be starting in 2018: Chronically Awesome. I next updated my review archive and my discussion archive. I then made a new page discussing my new system for commenting on and visiting on everyone's blog. So make sure that you visit to make sure that you're added to my list! I think that's all that I have for this week, so have a good week, and happy reading!

CURRENTLY READING
 Dragons of Wild (Upon Dragon's Breath, #1)
 I started reading this one this week, and I'm enjoying it! Hopefully I'll finish it sometime soon, and it won't be added to my "currently reading" list.

BOOKS I HAVE ACQUIRED
Wild BeautyGenesis Girl (Blank Slate, #1)Paper ValentineTurtles All the Way Down Moxie
This week I picked up Moxie at Barnes & Noble because, why not? Then I got the rest at the library.

POSTS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK?
 This week on the blog I will be discussing why blogging is secretly the worst. That's right, I'm going to be bashing the thing that we all love to do.

SONG OF THE WEEK
 This week I found a song about a daughter who finds out her father is cheating on her mother. It's very dark and gritty, and I really like it.

INSTAGRAM PIC OF THE WEEK
 
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
If you could be any Christmas decoration, what would you be and why? Have a good week everybody. :)   

Comments

  1. It certainly sounds like you had a productive week on the blog, especially in terms of maintenance! I need to redo my 'about' page, it's long overdue. I used to have a description, but erased it and now the page just has a picture. For another weekend, maybe?

    I haven't read any of the books you acquired yet, but I have heard positive things about the new John Green book, even from my English teacher! I hope you enjoy reading them!

    claire @ clairefy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And I almost forgot. I would be the star at the top of the tree so I could admire the ornaments and lights below. And being a star sounds fun too, haha.

      Delete
    2. I know! I feel like I'm always forgetting about the very important "about me" page. It wasn't until I redid it that I learned that it had been viewed hundreds of times. :/ Have a good week! :)

      Delete
  2. Oi. Blog maintenance. I should really do some. 🙈 I really need to mosey about your blog some more. I'm going to make a concerted effort during the week!

    I love dragons so I really need to check out that book too!

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks Di! I always forget about other things that bloggers have hidden in their blog, so it's fun to search and find out more about them. Have a good week! :)

      Delete
  3. Love productive weeks on the blog! Heading off now to check your commenting post, as it's always such an interesting topic to bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Productive weeks are always nice (and now I don't have to think about it for a while, lol). Have a good week! :)

      Delete
  4. Christmas movies have their place, for sure, because as silly as they can be, they're sometimes nice just to veg a little? It's like the Christmas tree - sometimes I just like staring at the lights and ornaments cause when else do we have all that stuff out lol??

    Draons of the Wild looks fun, and I'm thinking Turtles All The Way Down does too- I wasn't sure if I was going to read it but I'm leaning towards it now. Hope it's good!

    Cool song BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually not the biggest Green fan, but I had just read Paper Towns and wanted to see more of his writing. And yes, Christmas movies do have their place. I'm thinking about watching The Santa Clause this week. ;)

      Delete
  5. Glad that you did an overhaul of your blog! Love your instagram photo!

    Here’s my Sunday Post !

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a good week! And clearing things up on the blog, updating the about section and all definitely takes time.
    Your new books look great! I can't wait to start Turtles myself :)
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I can see your dog. And it must be cozy in your bed, with your christmas movie :D

    Have a great week! I'm looking forward to christmas too.

    Anne @ The Reading Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to share a pic of him next week! He seems to be in high demand. :)

      Delete
  8. You've got some really nice ones this week :) enjoy! I should also make time for a cheesy Christmas movie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only time of year that you can watch them! lol Have a good week. :)

      Delete
  9. Christmas decoration? Hmmm, a christmass ball. :) No idea why. Lol.

    I hope you have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I laughed about the cheesy holiday movies. I actually watched 2 last night after the Royals feel asleep, it was almost 2 am and I had to see the ending even though I knew what would happen. We need a pic of your doggie:) Hope this week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sound like you have a busy and productive week. Enjoy those new reads and the week ahead. :)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to get better about doing blog maintenance. Congrats on getting it done. It looks like you got a lot of great books. I hope you enjoy them all. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cover of Paper Valentine is gorgeous, but the story sounds very dark - happy reading Anna!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?

Followers