The Weekly Recap: I'm Baaaaaack! (Week of 11/26/17)

I'm linking up with Kimberly who blogs at The Caffeinated Book Reviewer for The Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a weekly meme where all us bloggers talk about out week in reading, what books we got, and what's coming up in the week ahead. 

MY LIFE
Why hello everybody! Did you miss me? I've been pretty absent from the blog for a while, but some of you might have seen me around on Goodreads, Twitter, or Instagram. It's been a while since I've done one of these, so forgive me if it's a little wonky. Long story short, shit got real for a while, and life got really fucking hard! I'm hoping that things will be a little less chaotic moving forward, and that maybe I'll actually read something. I'm hoping to get back into reading and reviewing again because I am SO behind on all things book related, and I read nothing in November. Yep. It was a bad month. I have now reached the amazing accomplishment of being 24 books behind in the Goodreads Reading Challenge, and I really want a prize. I'm kind of proud of myself for that one. lol I guess that I don't have much else to add here. So, have a good week, happy blogging, and happy reading!

(Psssss! I also redesigned the blog! There are some kinks that I'm still working out, but I'm really happy with the overall result.)

WHAT I READ
Nothing. Whoops. 

BOOKS I HAVE ACQUIRED
A Treasury of Best-Loved Fairy Tales
While I may not have been reading anything, I did end up getting a lot of books. My two favorites though are these collections of short stories. One is a collection of pirate stories, and the other is a collection of the best fantasy stories. They were on sale at Barnes & Noble for eight bucks each, and I couldn't resist.

CURRENTLY READING
Everything. Nothing. I don't even know at this point. XD


POSTS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
I wrote a letter to the publishers and authors that I've accepted books from in my most recent Babble from a Book Nerd.


WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK?
This week I'm going to be posting a review. It will either be a review for a single book, or most likely a couple small reviews for different books. Which books? I guess that you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

SONG OF THE WEEK
If you didn't know, I really like music. So, I thought that I would share with you guys which song I was listening to the most each week.

I may or may not be obsessed with Paramore's new stuff.

INSTAGRAM PIC OF THE WEEK
               
A post shared by Anna (@bookish_anna) on


QUESTION OF THE WEEK
Can you believe that it's already December? Because I can't. How's life going? Hopefully things are going okay for you guys. :)
  

Comments

  1. Anna! I know exactly how you feel!!! Wow... I've had a manic year as well and I've played a lot of catchup all year.

    Welcome back and I hope you manage to catch up a little before the end of the year. I admit I'm worried about December since it's generally a month of mayhem!

    Have a lovely week ahead and enjoy the rest if your weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 2017 was the year of catch up. I have no clue what next year will be, but hopefully it will be at least a little bit better. lol

      Delete
  2. Ah I love that pic of Eliza and her Monsters. And those collections of stories look amazing. I love their covers as well.

    I'm sorry to hear November kind of sucked. I hope December will end the year on a good note for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the blog lay out. I am really ready for 2017 to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you back! November was a pretty busy month for me too! I hope things get better for you!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is looking great. I hope you’ll be able to catch up as you’ve planned. And no worries.. I’m behind too. 😉
    I love the look of A Treasury of Best-Loved Fairy Tales.
    Thanks for signing up on my January Book Promo. I’m excited!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I've been looking for some tours and promos to join, so I was excited to join. :)

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear that life hasn't been playing fair, Anna. Just ease your way back in - reading is supposed to be fun and something we do because we enjoy it, right? I hope you enjoy dipping into your story collections - they both look enjoyable:). Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm very tempted to start the collection of fairy tales. It looks really good! :D

      Delete
  7. Ugh, life does have a way of interfering with things we love to do like read and blog. 24 books behind isn't all that bad. I do like the changes to the blog. Hope this week/month treats you better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I feel like right as I get back into blogging I get knocked down. Maybe it's just 2017 wishing me a happy holidays in its own unique way. ;)

      Delete
  8. Welcome back, Anna, and there are no punishments for not reading....but I hope you find your reading mojo again in time for the holidays. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right. And I will totally be looking for that mojo. :)

      Delete
  9. Enjoy the new books and the week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I like the new look- nice! And welcome back. :) Don't feel bad, my reading has been SO down I've hardly touched anything in like 2 weeks. Just haven't felt like it...

    That collection of pirate stories looks awesome.

    Cool song! I always kinda liked Paramore...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg! I'm sorry that you're also having a hard time reading. I think that a part of my problem is that I'm reading so much for class, that by the time I'm done with everything I just don't want to read anymore. Hopefully winter break will help with that problem though. Have a good week! :)

      Delete
  11. Welcome back! I think this year has been crazy for a lot of people. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this has been a crazy year. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  12. Yeah, I'm the same, I hadn't done one of these weekly posts in about a month...yeesh! But yeah, life gets in the way of reading sometimes, and that's OK! Welcome back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes I miss you Anna! Sorry to hear life got so hard! Hope everything settles soon and you can read tons! I have been hat behind before MANY TIMES That's why I try to ignore the Goodreads Reading Challenge :) and yes you should totally get a prize! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm thinking that my prize is going to be more books. lol

      Delete
  14. I hope December will be kinder to you than November was! It's hard when life gets tough, and you just can't do any of the things you usually do to decompress or feel better. *sending hugs and calm vibes your way*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back! That's quite exciting! I love your new blog design; it looks fantastic. Love the recap! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?

Followers