Saturday, December 17, 2016

The Weekly Recap: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN (Week of 12/11/16)

Happy Sunday! I'm linking up to The Sunday Post, hosted by The Caffienated Book Reviewer; Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews; and Book Photo Sundays, hosted by Rabbit Ears Book Blog.

-MY LIFE-
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Please ignore me while I scream a little bit more. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So, well, yea. I'm flying out to visit my brother on Tuesday, and I'm doing okay on everything. I hope that I have everything that I need, I just need to pack. I'm planning on doing my laundry later today, and packing on Monday. If anything, I'm excited. There may not be a Sunday Post next week (depending on what happens), so don't be alarmed if I'm not here next week. I do have posts scheduled to post while I'm out though, so you won't be completely deprived of me. :)

COYER started yesterday, and as I am writing this, I haven't even read a book that counts towards it. I still need to finish Glass Sword, then A Double Shot of Bourbon will count towards COYER. So, now I just need to finish Glass Sword (hopefully this weekend). Have a good week, and happy reading! :)

-CURRENTLY READING-
Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)A Double Shot of Bourbon (Bourbon Series #2)

-POSTS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED-
-BOOKS I HAVE ACQUIRED- 
Library
How to Be BadBeastIlluminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)Doctor Who: Eleven Doctors, Eleven StoriesDream a Little Dream (The Silver Trilogy, #1)A Fierce and Subtle Poison 
-INSTAGRAM PIC OF THE WEEK-
        

-BOOK PHOTO SUNDAY-
 


-QUESTION OF THE WEEK-
If you could get any book you wanted for Christmas this year, what would it be? Let me know in the comments! 
  

23 comments:

  1. How To Be Bad looks fun (I think I've seen that one before w/a different cover) and Illuminae- hope you like it. It's pretty fun. :) The Eternity Cure and A Fierce and Subtle Poison both have such nice covers too...

    Ooh a question of the week. I don't know! That's surprisingly tough... maybe Starfall by Melissa Landers since I'm reading Starflight soon, and that way I could binge 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time visiting your brother!

    For the question, there's like a ton of books I want for Christmas, but I would love to get the Lunar Chronicles series in a box set or something like that!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good answer! I love the Lunar Chronicles. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, my christmas wish list would have the set of Shatter Me. I keep meaning to read this and the covers are gorgeous.
    Have a great Christmas and enjoy your trip to visit your brother :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound busy and excited! I'm sure you'll get everything ready, and you'll have a wonderful time visiting with your brother, I'm sure :)
    I loved The Eternity Cure and can't wait to see what you'll think of it!
    I haven't started reading any COYER books yet, either... Hopefully, I'll be ready to dig in today.
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I'm not the only one! :)

      Delete
  5. Have a wonderful holiday with your brother:). I'm looking at Illuminae with hungry longing... Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your time with your brother! Have a Merry Christmas!!

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get anxious when I'm going on a trip...I make lists, then lists about the lists...LOL.

    Enjoy your time away, and I love the Book Photo.

    I would love a copy of It Happens Next Time, by Amy Hatvany....

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finished my first COYER book yesterday! I was so proud of myself! But, I tend to have SO MANY arcs to read that I am always reading something that qualifies for this COYER! Great IG pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really need to get started on COYER!

      Delete
  9. I hope you enjoy your visit with your brother. You don't sound too stressed, so that's good - you must be relatively prepared!

    I've done none of my present shopping yet - though have only got half a dozen to buy - but need to get onto that in the next day or two. The problem is I have NO idea what to buy for a couple of people! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gift cards! I feel like those are always a safe bet. :)

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your trip to see your brother and have a great Christmas! And if I could get any book... probably Trailer Park Fae because I've wanted a paperback copy of that one for so long because I LOVE the cover, but just haven't bought it for myself yet lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of it! Now I have to go look up the cover. :)

      Delete

Reading your comments is like eating cheesecake. The best thing ever.