2017 Reading Challenges

Last year the only challenge I did was the Goodread's Reading Challenge, but this year is going to be different. So may I present, the challenges that I plan on doing (and hopefully completing) in 2017!

rockmytbr17 
Hosted by Sarah @The YA Book Traveler

The idea of this challenge is to read books from your TBR pile! You set a goal for how many you want to read each month, and that's basically it!

Goal: At Least One Book a Month

New Release Challenge 2017 - (un)Conventional Bookviews 
Hosted by Lexxie @(un)Conventional Bookviews and Stormi @Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My!

The idea of this challenge is to read and review books released in 2017.

Goal: 1-30: New Release Newbie

 

Hosted by Gina @The Book Dragon's Lair 

The idea of this challenge is to read books! Yay! I love reading, so I'm looking forward to this one! :) You can see the books I read throughout the year by checking out my Goodreads shelf for the challenge.

Goal: 100 Books  

btbchallengeslider 
Hosted by Novelknight 

The idea of this challenge is to read books that were released before 2017! Because sometimes we can get caught up in reading new releases, so this challenge is about reading the other books! You can see the list of books I'm reading from by checking out my Goodreads shelf for the challenge!

Goal: 30 Books

 
Hosted by My Reader's Block 

The idea of the Color Coded Reading Challenge is to read a book with one of the colors on the cover, or in the title.

1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.

2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.
5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.
7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.
8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
 
Goal: 9 Books
 
The Goal of the Read It Again, Sam challenge is to reread some of your books!
 
Goal: 4 Books  
 
The Goodread's Reading Challenge
 
The goal of this one is obvious to those of you on Goodreads, but the goal is to set a goal for the number of books you want to read, and then read it. I'm not going to make my goal this year, so I'm going to try for it again in 2017.
 
Goal: 100 Books     

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your 2017 reading challenges - this year I must remember to post my reading challenge on Goodreads! I very much hope that however many books you read, you enjoy most of them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see what challenges you try! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the challenges! I didn't do any last year (er, 2016) so I'm doing a few in '17. This will be a first for me- so we'll see how that goes! I think Beat the Backlist and the Color Coded one both look fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first year doing challenges as well, so hopefully everything goes well! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great list of challenges! I'm doing a ton as well, so we'll see how that turns out.
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?

Followers