The Weekly Recap: Ignore the Title (Week of 7/9/17)

Happy Sunday! I'm linking up to The Sunday Post, hosted by The Caffienated Book Reviewer, and Book Photo Sundays, hosted by Rabbit Ears Book Blog.


-MY LIFE-
Ello! Ello! Ello! It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, I've got lots to update you on. Let's start with my health. Things are continually getting slowly worse. I'm getting a colonoscopy and endoscopy next week, and I'm hoping that will shine some light on the situation. But, no matter the results, I think that I'm going to be going to a new doctor. I've been with my current doctor for five or six years now, and I'm just not happy with how things are going. She doesn't communicate with my other doctors, and every time I go in she says something different. There is a very reputable hospital a couple hours away from me, and they have wonderful doctors. I'm ready to try something new. I don't like the options my current doctor is giving me, and I think that a second opinion will really help a lot. 

Onto the fish. If you don't like sad stories, then you might want to skip this paragraph. If you didn't know, I was cycling a ten gallon tank with the intent of putting a group of fancy guppies in it. Well, it cycled, and everything was great. I got the guppies, got them into the tank, and everything was fine. When I woke up in the morning, three were dead. I checked my water, and everything was perfect. I didn't see anything wrong with the two left, so decided to keep a close eye on them. The next morning, another was dead, leaving me with one guppy left. Keep in mind, I have no clue what's killing them. It took me a couple days, but I caught an unfamiliar thing in my tank. Brought it over to my friend (who has been keeping fish for over ten years), and we determined that it was a damselfly larva. Damselfly are closely related to the dragonfly, and their spawn live in the water for up to a year. Did I mention that they eat fish? We think that one layed eggs in my tank, and the babies were eating the fish. :( So, I had to completely destroy, sanitize, and redo the tank. The lone survivor is currently staying in a five gallon (literally the only place I had for him), and I'm recycling the ten gallon. That will take between four and ten weeks though, hang on, little buddy!

Other than that I don't have a ton to share with you guys. I'm starting to get back into Instagram, so make sure that you keep your eyes open for that. So, have a good week, and happy reading! :)

-CURRENTLY READING-
Curse of Stars (Diamond Crier #1)Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1)Piecing Me TogetherA Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1)

-WHAT I READ-
P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)Slasher Girls & Monster Boys

-POSTS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED-

-BOOK PHOTO SUNDAY-
              

-QUESTION OF THE WEEK-
How have you been? Is everything going okay for you? Let me know in the comments! :)
  

Comments

  1. Second opinions are a good thing sometimes and if nothing else you get peace of mind, when someone new looks at your health. Good luck! And the fish- ack! Poor things but how could you know? At least you were able to figure it out. It's funny because I was just watching this freaky show Fortitude that had like wasp larva that were doing awful things... nasty. Anyway, glad there was a survivor!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'm glad that I was able to save one. :)

      Delete
  2. Aw, I hope everything gets better. You should definitely switch doctors. I hope that goes smoothly!
    That is really too bad about the fish :( at least one remained! Talk about an invisible enemy :/
    You're reading Bone Witch! Are you liking it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on finding a better doctor! I had to do the same, as mine kept prescribing things that didn't work, and wouldn't listen to my thoughts on the situation.

    A change could be just what you need.

    Hang in there little fishy! Enjoy your week, Anna, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your fish. Hope you'll have better luck with doctors! I'm reading ACOWAR too, or honestly I kind of don't want to read it because I know it'll be good and then it'll just be over too soon :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I've been dreading picking ACOWAR back up because I'm just not enjoying it as much as I was. :(

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about the health issues. Second opinions are always good though. hope you get everything all figured out with the fish soon. Hope you have a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the guppies, Anna. It is so sad. I can't imagine how you felt. Glad that you've found the problem.
    Anyway, a second opinion is really important. I usually go to at least two doctors. Misdiagnosis could happen.
    I hope you'll get better soon.
    Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Geybie! I'm less concerned about the diagnosis, and more concerned with the treatment though. Hopefully everything works out! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh I hope you are able to get some answers to your medical issues. I think sometimes switching doctors is the right decision because it gets some new thoughts on your problem. Its always helpful to have a second or third person see what they think!
    Enjoy your books and sorry about the fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping that a new doctor will give me some different options, or at least a different perspective. :)

      Delete
  8. It's always a good thing to second guess a doctor and get another opinion. Especially as things aren't getting better for you. Hope you find a wonderful doctor. And BOO back at ya. Good to see you again!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you are struggling with your health - I think you're wise to get a second opinion and hope the tests come up with some more positive outcomes. As for the fish - oh dear! I hope the little chap manages to hang on in there... Have a better week, Anna:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sound like it's time for a second opinion so I would find a new doctor as well. Your poor fish! I hope you lone one survives till you get things all fixed.

    Hope you are enjoying those books your reading. :)
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to plow through them, but I keep starting new ones!

      Delete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about your health - sounds like a change in doctor is definitely in order. Best of luck!

    Aww :( Poor fishies! And how annoying to have to go through cycling the tank all over again because of that sneaky fly! I know nothing about fish, but I do enjoy watching them. Hopefully the lone survivor makes it to his new tank happily!

    Enjoy your books - I need to get my hands on A Court of Wings and Ruin! Is that an ARC or is it out already and I missed it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, It's been out for months already! it's just a monster, and taking me forever to read. lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?

Followers