Review: P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

P.S. I Like YouBook: P.S. I Like You
Author: Kasie West
Published: July 26, 2016
Publisher: Point
Number of Pages: 341
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
Rating: 3 Stars
Tags: #COYER, 3 Stars, Library Book, Contemporary, Romance, YA

Goodreads/Amazon

Synopsis: Signed, sealed, delivered…

While spacing out in chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk and added a message to her. Intrigue!

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters—sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she’s kind of falling for this letter writer. Only, who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can’t always be spelled out…



-MY REVIEW-
I have heard wonderful things about West's books. About how they are the cutest, and most wonderful YA romances that you will find. And while I did enjoy this one (enough to read it in less than 24 hours), it just didn't live up to what I was expecting. 

In this book we follow Lily, who really doesn't like her Chemistry class. So, to pass the time she decides to write down her favorite lyrics on the table she sits at. What she didn't expect was a response waiting for her the next day. As Lily and her mysterious pen pal get to know each other, she starts to wonder who the person behind the notes really is. 

This is the type of book where I liked a lot of things, but I didn't really love them. Starting out with the characters, I liked them, and it was just that. Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad, I just couldn't connect with them. I do think that I would've enjoyed this one more if I had connected with them, but I still enjoyed Lily's story.

I did think that the plot was interesting, even if it was a bit slow in the beginning. I really liked the idea of their notes because it was something I could see myself doing. One of the things I usually find unbelievable about YA romances is that characters are able to go up to a person and just ask them out, or even kiss them. It was nice to see a less face to face start to a romance, along with the two characters getting to know each other before all of that lovey-dovey stuff. 

So, was this what I was expecting? No. But this was still an entertaining read that made my infusion fly by. I'm looking forward to trying more of West's work in the future. 
         

Comments

  1. Great post! Mind checking out my latest review on "The Book Thief"? It can be found here: https://armchairbythefire.blogspot.com/ ðŸ˜ƒ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?

Followers