Book Review #3

Trust Me I'm Lying
(Trust Me #1)
By: Mary Elizabeth Summer
 

 Julep Dupree tells lies. A lot of them. She’s a con artist, a master of disguise, and a sophomore at Chicago’s swanky St. Agatha High, where her father, an old-school grifter with a weakness for the ponies, sends her to so she can learn to mingle with the upper crust. For extra spending money Julep doesn’t rely on her dad—she runs petty scams for her classmates while dodging the dean of students and maintaining an A+ (okay, A-) average.

But when she comes home one day to a ransacked apartment and her father gone, Julep’s carefully laid plans for an expenses-paid golden ticket to Yale start to unravel. Even with help from St. Agatha’s resident Prince Charming, Tyler Richland, and her loyal hacker sidekick, Sam, Julep struggles to trace her dad’s trail of clues through a maze of creepy stalkers, hit attempts, family secrets, and worse, the threat of foster care. With everything she has at stake, Julep’s in way over her head . . . but that’s not going to stop her from using every trick in the book to find her dad before his mark finds her. Because that would be criminal.

What can I say about this book... it was awesome! This book was like a mixture of Marvels Agents of Shield and Leverage. There were so many twists and turns and I was thoroughly enjoyed. So the main character, Julep, I really liked her. She was not whiny, the thought everything out, and she thought of others and not just herself. I don't like whiny characters. Now, there is kinda of a love triangle. :/ I know... I my self would not really consider it a love triangle. I like though how it isn't a main point of the story. I HATE it when the love triangle is the main focus of the story. 
I give this book...
4/5
I really liked it 
This is book one in a duology. Book two comes out October 13, 2015. I will defiantly be reading the second book when it comes out. 




Comments

Followers