#COYER Blackout Sign-Up!

wintercoyer-16-17 

Hosted by Berls @Fantasy is More Fun, Stormi @Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My!, and Michelle @Because Reading.

It's COYER time! I participated in COYER this summer, and so I'm excited to be doing it again this winter! Here are the rules that you can find on the sign up post. 

  • COYER is going to be a 12 week Blackout, where you have to dedicate yourself to reading the books you already own, and that you got for less than $1.00
  • You have between now and the start of COYER, December 17th, to get the books you’ll be reading during COYER. They must be books you got for less than $1.00. The only exception is audio books, which you must have purchased for less than $5. They must either be eBooks or audio books.
  • It's understood that we’re all constantly acquiring new books. So the hosts provided us a lifeline in the form of a generator.  Every book powers the generator up a little more.  After reading 10 books over 100 pages your generator is fully powered.  Books under 100 pages only provide half the energy. So it would take 20 books under 100 pages to power your generator.
  • Once your generator is powered up,  you can read any one book you want.  Doesn’t matter how much it cost, where you got it,  what format it is.  But your generator only has enough power for ONE book, so use it immediately and wisely.  You can’t save it to use later, you've gotta use it while you can!
  • COYER Blackout will run from December 17, 2016 – March 3, 2017. The hosts will leave the linky open 1 extra day for you to get reviews in, but those reviews need to be posted by the end of the day March 3rd. The hosts will announce winners of (3) $10 gift cards to Amazon or Barnes and Noble on March 4th.
Are you going to try COYER Blackout? Let me know in the comments. Also, do you have any recommendations for books I could read this COYER? Make sure to tell me in the comments!   

Comments

  1. YES. I just found this today and it looks so cool! I've been looking everywhere, and I finally found a page with Audiobook deals for under $5! It's so exciting. XD
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I don't really listen to audio books, or buy books that are under $1.00, so this will be interesting. ;) I'll finally read those ARCs that are lost somewhere on my Kindle though! :)

      Delete
    2. Hahaha same! I'm mostly just worried that I will either A) run out of books B) run out of books that I actually want to read or C) just fail and give in to the urge to read a print book when I'm not powered up. Wish me luck, haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?

Followers