The Liebster Award

A big thank you to Clo over at Book Dragons for nominating me for The Liebster Award!

The Rules:
  1. Answer eleven questions that you've been asked.
  2. Nominate eleven other bloggers.
  3. Ask your nominees eleven questions. 
  4. Let them know you nominated them.

Clo's Questions:

If you could get any two characters from any two books and put them in a relationship/friendship who would they be?
Oh this is a hard question! Ummm, maybe Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door and Kitty from To All the Boys I've Loved Before. I feel like they would have a lot of fun together. 

Favorite song at the moment? 
I don't know what my favorite song is, but some songs that I've been listening to a lot are Mind Games by SickickPerfume by Annella, and Tell You by Lila & Rat City.

What’s your spirit animal?
Well, in my soul I believe that my spirit animal is either a hedgehog or the majestic potato. But according to this quiz that Clo linked to, I am apparently a deer. I can see it. 

Any advice for people thinking of starting a book blog?
Don't expect great things. I feel like there's this big idea that you start your blog, and make a post, and you suddenly have thousands of readers. And, that isn't true. Sometimes things can happen slowly, and sometimes it can be really hard. It isn't always this beautiful, fun thing that it's made out to be. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

If you had to be the sun or the moon which would you rather be? 
I would rather be the moon, mainly because the sun is just a giant ball of fire, and I would rather not be on fire. It sounds painful, and bright.

A place you want to you go and visit/live for a while?
Everywhere? I feel like it would be so fun to just go to a bunch of different cities, no big plans, and just walk around. I would love to go to London, South Africa, India, Japan, South Korea, and, well, I can't leave out Canada now can I?

Paperbacks or Hardbacks? Do you have a preference for when you buy books?
When I buy books I usually go for paperback. They're cheaper and I can fit more of them in my bag.  But, sometimes I'll get hardcover if the covers are really pretty. Like, I have all of the Throne of Glass books in hardcover because THEY'RE JUST SO PRETTY.

Three things you want people to know about where you live?
Oh, I don't know. Ummm, I honestly have no clue. It's the kind of city where there's a lot of stuff to do at first, but it can get boring after a while. Never go downtown on Tuesday nights, you risk being hit in that stupid roundabout. And it's always prettier at night. I wish that I got to go out in it more.

Other than books, blogging and book related things. What other hobbies/interests do you have?
Well, I love animals, I can sometimes take a decent photograph, and I try to paddle board as much as I can (though the weather has been pretty bad for paddle boarding lately).

Do you have any advice for people trying to use social media to get more traffic to their blog?
Let me know when you figure it out? lol I guess that my advice would be to put links to your blog everywhere. Twitter, Instagram,Goodreads, where ever you can really. Us humans are curious, and we will follow the links that you give us.

Favorite season and why?
Probably the in-between of fall and winter. The sun is still out, but it's cold enough to snuggle under a bunch of blankets and watch a movie, or read, or take a nap.

My Questions:
  1. Would you rather be bitten and transformed into a vampire or werewolf? 
  2. Would you rather have angel or fairy wings? 
  3. If you could meet any book character, who would you meet and why?
  4. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would you change and why?
  5. What is one thing you wish you knew before you started blogging? 
  6. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, which album would you choose and why.
  7. If you could be friends with one author, who would you be friends with and why?
  8. Who are your three favorite literary characters? 
  9. What are your three favorite quotes? 
  10. If you could shape shift into any animal, which animal would you choose?
  11. If you could have any blogger guest post on your blog, who would you choose and why?
 
I Nominate: 

Comments

  1. Ooh fun! So I took the quiz (love quizzes) and my spirit animal is... an owl! Kinda cool. apparently I have wisdom and intuitive knowledge. Who knew?? :)

    I feel like if I visited cities walking around and exploring would be better than hitting all the BIG touristy places? I'm looking for the bookstores myself.

    Thanks for tagging me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love quizzes too! I agree, I tend to avoid most of the the big touristy places simply because they're always so crowded. I would much rather find those hole in the wall restaurants and independent book stores. Much more fun in my opinion. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind nomination! I'll really, really make a HUGE effort to get there sooner, rather than later, Anna:). Your questions are really interesting - and hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rush! I'm glad that you are happy for the nomination! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?

Followers