The Weekly Recap: I DON'T WANNA (Week of 12/31/17)

I'm linking up with Kimberly who blogs at The Caffeinated Book Reviewer for The Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a weekly meme where all us bloggers talk about out week in reading, what books we got, and what's coming up in the week ahead. I'm also linking up with Book Photo Sundays hosted by Rabbit Ears Book Blog, a weekly meme where we share our favorite photos of the week.

MY LIFE
Hello my bookish friends! This was my last week off before my classes start again, and I DON'T WANNA GO BACK. I'm really enjoying my time at home, just laying around, and NOT DOING ANYTHING. *sighs* But I guess that I'll just have to stop being a little baby and get over it. Wish me luck at my 8am Monday class. *shudders*

In more exciting news, I was told that I  have auto-immune disease number five this week! Now, I know, most people would see that as a negative, but I don't. I've been doing this "chronic auto-immune disease" thing for a while, and honestly this is more exciting than anything. It's like a new adventure! That being said I had to buy a hat because my entire head is breaking out with Psoriasis and my head really itches. This is a great transition to announce that I'm hoping to have my announcement post for my new series Chronically Awesome up this week! It's a new series I'm starting with the intention to help spread awareness for different chronic illnesses, and just to talk about things that I notice about life with chronic illness. Hopefully you will join me!

So, I hope that everybody has a good week, and happy reading! :)  

CURRENTLY READING
Dragons of Wild (Upon Dragon's Breath, #1)Five Nights at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes
Still reading what I was reading last week. I really hate reading slumps. :( 

WHAT I READ
Nothing :(

BOOKS I HAVE ACQUIRED
Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) 
I got this one for a challenge, and I'm excited to dive into it! :)

POSTS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK?
This week I'm hoping to get my opening post for Chronically Awesome up, and maybe a review? I'm not sure if I'll have to time write it or not, so we'll just have to see. :)

SONG OF THE WEEK
This week I wanted to show you the music video for Hell No by Ingrid Michaelson. It's super cool because she features actors from the Deaf West Theatre!  

INSTAGRAM PIC OF THE WEEK


BEFORE YOU GO...
I wanted to give an update on my Commenting 365 Challenge for you all! I'm doing well right now, but I know that I'm eventually going to have to go digging, so if you want to make sure that I visit your blog you should sign up for my Blogger Comment List. And if you want to see my progress on the Commenting 365 Challenge, you can check in here to see how many blogs I've visited.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK
Which do you think is better: ebooks or physical books? Let me know in the comments below. :)

Comments

  1. 8 am is too early for class. Or anything else lol. But good luck anyway. :) Vacations are hard to give up. Looking forward to your Chronically Awesome posts, great title BTW.

    Hope the slump passes soon. I was in sort of a slump through late December and it was not fun.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But I need this class to graduate and it was the only one left. :( lol I'm not a morning person, so this is going to be interesting.

      Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. Good luck with classes on Monday. I'll think of you since I will be at work on 07.30 a.m... A little mental support won't hurt right?! You can do it! ;)
    I'm having a little slump too.. it sucks!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor thing... Hang in there!! I have been battling weird allergies / eczema / whatever that is on my face for a few years now. And on the head sometimes. It's really hard to fix, but I've noticed emotional balance is absolutely crucial, cause the more anxiety, the more rashes ;_; it's like a closed loop. One thing I CAN recommend though.. Try to find some natural remedy people and see if you can find soap/ointment made from birch tar. Yes, that black stinky stuff. I swear it's the only thing that helps.

    Congrats on getting Red Rising! I know that one you'll love. Although it's quite gory, so be ready.

    Also, I know you're struggling with your help, and sorry to remind you, but we have been trying to get people to properly follow everyone on that #NewBloggers follow list they signed up on, so I'm going through everyone and reminding them to do that now :) so when you've got time, please check if you're following people.

    Anyway, happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, the ending of my last semester was super stressful and caused me a lot of anxiety. So, I'm thinking that's what brought it on. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Ugghh...I hate school! I hope you do well in your classes! I hope you get through your illnesses well.

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty excited for all of my classes this semester (except for 8am math, bleh).

      Delete
  5. Sorry to her about your chronic illness - it's always a misery to have to keep it controlled and whenever you go down with something, it comes roaring back in just to remind you:(. I look forward to seeing what you make of Red Rising as I loved this series. Have a great week and I hope your 8am Monday class isn't too much of a shock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear bout the auto-immune disease diagnosis. And I hope you get through it alright. Enjoy your week ahead, not so much the getting up for an 8 o'clock class though. I don't think I can even function that early anymore. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I have an auto-immune disorder as well (autoimmune thyroiditis or hashimoto's disease) so I know how you feel! Hope the hat helps! Bummer about the 8 am class. Those were always rough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that a lot of people have auto-immune illnesses! Mine are just sort of running wild because I can't seem to find the right medicine. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. Red Rising is on my to read pile. I've heard such good things about it. I look forward to your Chronically Awesome post. I was sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis though.

    In answer to your question . . . I find reading e-books to be so much more convenient than reading physical books, although I am not sure I would say I like them better than physical books.

    I hope you have a great week! I'm not especially looking forward to having to go back to work tomorrow myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always tough to go back. We just need to get back into the swing of things. Have a good week! :)

      Delete
  9. I need to read Red Rising at some point. Have it sitting on a TBR shelf. I know what you mean about going back to school, it was hard. We did get an unexpected snow day today though, so that was nice. Hope you're have a good first week back!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?

Followers