The Sunshine Blogger Award

A big thank you to Sheila over at She's Going Book Crazy for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! :)

THE RULES:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
  2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
  3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
  4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
SHEILA'S QUESTIONS:
 
What is your favorite season for reading?
I think that my favorite season for reading is winter. I don't know man! I guess that I just like to cuddle with my dog under a blanket and read a good book. 

What book have you read that completely took you by surprise?
Serenity by India R. Adams really surprised me! I remember that I was really unsure going into it the first time, and I was just blow away. Maybe it was by all the tears I cried or the tissues I went through, but it ended up being on of my favorite books. 

Do you ever read nonfiction for fun? If so, covering which topics?
I don't ever really read any nonfiction for fun. The only time I ever really read it is for classes. 

If you wrote a book, what genre would it fall under?
If I ever wrote a book I'm honestly not sure what genre it would be. It would fiction, and then, maybe one from every genre? Let's think big, people. 😂

What Ilvermorny House do you belong to?
I just took the quiz and apparently I'm in House Thunderbird! 

Pick one: Dragon, Unicorn, Pegasus, Griffin, or Fairy? Now, tell me why!
Fairy! I would choose fairy because, well, I think that it would be awesome to be one! And I also like how diverse they can be. They have different emotions, looks, lands, ruling systems, it's hard to get bored with a story about fairies. They may look cute and friendly, but they will seriously hurt you if you make them mad.

What was the book that got you hooked on reading? (If there is just one.)
I can't really remember a specific book that got me hooked on reading. But, two of the books that got me into YA would have to be Twilight and Divergent.

What is your favorite type of character to read about?
I like reading about a lot of different characters, but all of my favorite characters are flawed in one way or another. It isn't fun to read about a character that is perfect in every way, so it's important that all characters be flawed in one way or another. But, I also really like the characters that aren't like me. Which is most of them. I'm a boring person, and I wouldn't be very fun to read about. 😂

Seeing how it’s February, what is your favorite wintry read?
I don't read books based on the seasons. I mainly just read books based on my mood, lol. 

What is a book that you just can’t make your mind up about? Love it/hate it. Who knows!?
This is a good question! Ummmm, probably Twilight. Because the fantasy, and story lines were pretty cool, but goddamn Edward. 😂 Why you gotta be so fucking creepy? 😂

What is another hobby you have besides reading?
I really like animals, so I guess that that could be a hobby. Um, I like to take photos, and, does eating count as a hobby? Oh wait, how did I forget paddle boarding? 😂 Okay, I think that's it, lol.

FUNNY STORY:

Ya, so.... I was planning on finishing this up and posting it, but then I saw that the lovely Clo who blogs at Book Dragons tagged me to do this, and I could not answer her questions! That'd be rude. 

CLO'S QUESTIONS:

Pick three books, now pick three characters from each book. If they were to have a song that was written for them, which song would it be?
Oooooo, this is an interesting question! So, the first book that I choose is Serenity by India R. Adams, and the characters that I'll choose are Josh, Rocco, and Dereck. And, in all honesty, the only song that I can think of for them is that one song from High School Musical, The Boys are Back. Then I realized that the song also worked for Rhysand, Cassian, and Az from A Court of Mist and Fury. And it ALSO worked for Henry, Jonny, and Butch from Blood Brothers!  A very versatile song that one is.  

Do you like predictable contemporary books? Why/Why not?
I mean, does anybody really like predictable books? The only time I really read those kinds of books is when I don't feel good, or I feel lonely (because most predictable contemporary books are romance). They can be fun, but I can't read them all the time. 

Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?
I am most definitely an introvert. There is not a doubt in my mind that I'm an introvert. 😂

Five things you want to do/accomplish before you die and get to read forever in the afterlife.
Wait, so you're saying that when I die I get to just, read?! Hell ya! Sign me up! Who cares about this life, I wanna start reading! All jokes aside, I really don't know what I would want to do. I can just hope that it would be something that makes me happy.

If you could have a conversation with any author and they’d listen to you and take your advice etc on board, who would it be and what would you tell them?
Hmmmmmmm, maybe Abbi Glines? I would tell her to stop making her love interests abusive fucks, lol.

Candles, yay or nay?
Nay for me. I've never really been a big fan of them. I'm always scared that I'm going to burn my house down.

Biggest pet peeve within reading?
That's a good question! I don't really have a lot of pet peeves in reading/the books that I read, but one of them has to be when an abusive character is made out to be the "perfect guy." *swoons* Like, fuck no. 😂 Like, if the MC ends up leaving them then I'm cool with it, but otherwise it's awful and causes me to worry about the people around them. And they're not even real. I'm such a mom. 😂

Averaging it out how many books do you own?
I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. No but in all seriousness I have more than I should. I have approximately 175 on my Kindle, and I don't even want to take a guess at how many physical books I own. 😂

What do you wish you knew about book blogging at the start?
I wish that I had known that it would get easier the more I blogged. It's really tough to start out blogging! You have to choose which platform you're going to go through, learn how to write/format posts, make graphics, not use any pictures that are copyrighted, and even scarier, you have to learn how to put yourself out there. Because it can be hard to be seen at first. And it's hard to keep writing when it feels like nobody sees you. 

Have you got any goals for your blog this year?
I think that the only goal I have for this year for the blog is to not stress about it as much. It's fine if something doesn't go up when I want it to, it's okay if there's a typo, it's okay if I get up one morning and decide that I want to change everything. I'm not doing this to make other people happy, I'm doing it to make ME happy. And I honestly don't care if that sounds selfish. 

Do you ready everyday?
I really wish that I did! But, no, usually there is something that keeps me from reading the books that I want to everyday. 😢  

MY QUESTIONS:
1. If you could only read books by one author for the rest of your life, which author would you choose and why?
2. What is your favorite book cover, and why is it your favorite?
3. Sweet or savory? 
4. What is one book to movie adaptation that you are excited for?
5. What are three tips you have for new bloggers?
6. What was the last book you bought?
7. What is your favorite season?
8. Would you rather be a hero or villain? Why?
9. If you could have lunch with any book character, which one would you choose and why?
10. What is one book that you were disappointed by?
11. Aliens are circling the world and are threatening to blow it up. Luckily you have been chosen to convince them otherwise (congrats!). What do you say to the aliens to convince them not to blow us up?   

I NOMINATE:

I tried to nominate people who I thought hadn't done this tag before, but I could totally be wrong. Whoops? Anyway, if you want to give this one a try then feel free! If I tagged you and you don't want to do it, ignore this post, lol.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you (seriously). I received this award last year, and I'm glad this thing is still going :D

    But I'm actually really glad that I get the chance to do it again, because this was really fun last time. Thank you so much for nominating me!

    I completely agree with the romanticizing abusive relationships issue. The effect really should not and cannot be underestimated.

    Anne @ The Reading Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oop, I'm sorry! But I'm glad that you're excited to do it again! lol Yes, I agree. We cannot underestimate the effect of romanticizing abusive relationships. It's really a problem, especially in NA.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award! I agree about winter- I think winter and fall are my favorite reading seasons? There's just something about curling up with a book when it's cold out. And flawed characters are definitely the most fun to read about!

    I've never paddle boarded (is that a word?) but I love kayaking. It's awesome being on the water. Fun answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been kayaking a couple times, but I also really enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh hear, hear to the abusive arse who is held up the hearthrob - it was the reason I stopped reading romance in the first place... A great set of questions - and I loved your answers Anna:)). I'd happily spend my afterlife reading:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so many thoughts. Yes to fairies, and a huge NO to non-fiction (I read too much of that in my past for work/school). It's all about the escape for me now. I have to admit, I don't mind a predictable book. I read a ton of contemporary romances, and I read them, because I know I will get that HEA. I find comfort in that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you ended up with TWO of these! I love reading these little tidbits about people and their reading habits, etc.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I also really like reading about the little things, it's always a ton of fun. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?

Followers