Top Ten Book Series I Won't Finish (Top Ten Tuesdy)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, where each week you list your top ten list for that week's bookish theme.

Theme: Top Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit or Have Quit

You know that series that you start, and it's okay, but you just don't want to finish the series? It happens to every reader, sometimes we just don't want to spend the time to finish the series. Here are my top ten series that I won't finish (Covers link to their Goodreads pages).


1.)The Islands at the End of the World by Austin Aslan- Meh... Maybe I will continue with this one, but not likely though. I am not the biggest Science Fiction fan, and I found that there was not enough in this book. I was bored with the first 3/4 of this book, and was not surprised with the big twist at the end of book one. Don't think I will be picking up book two, but who knows? 
The Islands at the End of the World (Islands at the End of the World, #1)The Girl at the Center of the World (Islands at the End of the World, #2)

2.)The Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman- I DNF the first book. I just could not connect to the main characters and the story seemed unbelievable. Can you imagine a world where parents "kill" their kids? It seemed unbelievable for me and it kept me from getting into the story.
UnDivided (Unwind, #4)Unwind (Unwind, #1)UnWholly (Unwind, #2)UnSouled (Unwind, #3)


3.)The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo- I read the first book, and DNF the second book. I feel like I went into this trilogy with the book having so much hype, and it did not live up to it for me. I think that I did not want to be more disappointed by because I knew that the rest of the books in the series would not live up to the hype either. I have been thinking about picking up her new book Six of Crows though. 
Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)


4.)The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson- I read the first book a while ago, and I remembered liking it. It confused me though. I remember getting to the end where we are suppose to find out who is who, and I still had no idea who was who. I had the faintest idea who was who, but I was still confused. Then book two got released, and everybody wanted to read this book. Maybe one day I will reread the first book, but I don't see myself doing that anytime soon.

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
 

5.)The Matched Trilogy by Allie Condie- No, just no. I have read two of the three books and I don't like where the story is going. I have lost all interest in this series, so feel free to tell me how it ends.
 
Reached (Matched, #3)Matched (Matched, #1)Crossed (Matched, #2)

6.)The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater- I read the first book and have never wanted to finish the series. I could not really connect to the characters and to be honest, I don't really like werewolf stories. 
Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
 


7.)The Hush Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick- How did this get so complicated? I read the first three books, then it gets blurry. I remember getting annoyed by the main characters and the story getting extremely complicated. Not the best mix, so, don't think I will be finishing this series. 

Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)


8.)The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl- I remember liking the first book, but I am not interested in the second book. The synonymous for book two did not grab my attention and sounded kind of boring. Also, some reviewers that I follow did not give high ratings for the rest of the series. So, this is a series that I am not going to finish.
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4)Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)
9.)In the After Series by Demitria Lunetta- I bought the first book when my public library did not have it. I did not hate this book, I also did not love it. I could not connect to any of the characters, and I was not really enjoying where the story was going. Because of this, I'm going to set this one down.
 
In the After (In the After, #1)In the End (In the After, #2)
10.) The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor- I read the first two books in this series, and I have never had the urge to pick up the third one. I don't see myself finishing this series, even with all the good things I have heard about the third book. 

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)

Comments

Followers